Our products are warranted for a period of 1 year from date of delivery/collection in respect of frame and workmanship and regardless of whether it’s an upholstered product or not. The warranty does not extend to the fabric or leather used to upholster the product as upholstery is subject to wear and tear associated with use.
Furthermore, usage and treatment in the customer’s environment is beyond Basis’ control. To add further life span to your upholstery, we strongly recommend scotch guard treatment.
Basis will only be liable to honour a warranty if:
- The defect existed at the time of delivery and manifested during the warranty period;
- The defect did not arise due to normal wear and tear or misuse/abuse by the customer;
- The product concerned is used for the purpose intended and in a domestic environment (unless the latter requirement is waived by Basis in writing);
- The customer duly complied with the care instructions and maintenance advised;
- The customer provides the original invoice;
- The product is assembled by Basis or by the customer in accordance with the suppliers’ specifications. Basis warranty provides for the free repair or replacement of any faulty component. The customer must at his own cost, deliver and collect the product concerned to and from the showroom/warehouse.